Monday, January 17, 2005

Desperate Mommies

Marsha and I went to the Nook Bistro with John, Susan (soon to discover the joy of the Rice Cooker) and Courtney. Pretty good food in a bare-bones space. Fried Calamari with a Wasabi dipping sauce was great -- Slow-cooked Ginger Brew Pot Roast good as well.

Marsha knows the girls from the Baby Group she goes to. John and I are the "husbands," but we also get along pretty damn well, having had plenty of time to talk at such events.

When I was a kid, we talked about skateboards, Pacman or Wacky Packs. Apparently, girls talked about other things. In fact, I am utterly convinced that women not only talk about different subjects, but they actually speak at a different frequency -- kinda like dolphins. Men hear them talking about babies and work and such, but when a group of 3 or more get into their communal catty comments about other women (meeee-ooooww), my eyes start to glaze over at the speed and efficiency of their pointed attacks and I believe they're actually sending ancient messages of death and destruction meant to wipe out rival cave-chicks from other clans. Makes "Desperate Housewives" look like the airplane version of "Bambi."

Of course, I could be wrong.



2 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

Jon, shmon. I don't care, as long as I can talk to someone about something else other than placental fluid and housekeepers. Caddy, nah.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You want caddy? It's catty you fools. Caddy is what Michael O'Keefe did in Caddyshack. Catty is comments like this.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home