Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Customer Service and the Bottom Line

I've dealt for years with computer and technical support departments, probably wasting days of my life on hold. Now I know how they say that India will overtake the U.S. because of their schooling and attitude, but I'm not so sure given the chat below with Linksys' technical support. I contacted them because of a problem with a wireless router.

Hi, my name is Legayada, Rodney. How may I help you?
lou: did you get the description of my problem?
Legayada, Rodney: Yes
lou: sounds like a hardware issue. Problem does not occur with ethernet connection, only on wireless side
Legayada, Rodney: Okay
Legayada, Rodney: What router are you using?
lou: hello?
Legayada, Rodney: Did you see my question?
lou: yes.
lou: i am using a BEFW11s4 v.4
Legayada, Rodney: Have you tried upgrading the firmware of the router?
lou: yes. i upgraded to the most recent version...twice. i also did a hard reset.
Legayada, Rodney: Have you forced your card to G?
Legayada, Rodney: I mean to B?
lou: do not have that option with this card. Have tried with other B card and it works.
lou: are you looking something up? i don't see a response to my last comment
Legayada, Rodney: Try adjusting the rate.
Legayada, Rodney: of the card
lou: i just told you i can't adjust the rate of the card. it is a macintosh airport extreme card
lou: have tried adjusting rate of the router
lou: works perfectly fine with another one of your 54 routers
Legayada, Rodney: That's all we can do for the router. I suggest you check out with MAC what other properties you can configure with the card. There's no problem with the other wireless connection.
lou: i would suggest that there is a HARDWARE failure with the router since it was working perfectly well with the MAC and then did not. Please give me a case ID for RMA. this is not a problem with the MAC card. It is a problem with the LINKSYS router
Legayada, Rodney: But it works with another card right?
lou: it connects with another computer that has an 802.11b card in it, but it still drops the DHCP IP
Legayada, Rodney: Have you done a firmware upgrade?
lou: have you been reading our chat? I did it twice.
Legayada, Rodney: With the modem connected while upgrading?
lou: both connected and disconnected
Legayada, Rodney: For you to speed up the process of your RMA, try calling us 18003267114 and ask for RMA for your device. They will be giving you a case number at the end of your conversation
lou: I thought we were having a conversation. Can't you give me a case number?
Legayada, Rodney: Thank you for chatting with us
lou: i will be sending a copy of this chat to your customer service department. You have wasted 30 minutes of my time.
Legayada, Rodney: disconnected
 
 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lou:
legayda is my friend. he works for dell, gateway, united airlines, starwood hotels, sony and a bunch of other companies. he is very consistent - he follows the same transcript in every converation.
cousin eric

9:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi!sir
I need little guidance to you software computer engineer. give me tips about

Useful links - Linksys Router Setup

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home