Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Changing Tide

This evening, I happened into my local Border's Music and Bookstore to join my fellow Americans in the time honered tradition of Holiday consumerism. It has been about 6 months since I've been to Borders, and boy has it changed. My main goal this evening was to pick up the last Johnny Cash album for my father and a Tito Puente CD for my brother. To my surprise, the CD section had neither. Zippo.

Now I know that piracy has taken a bite out of CD sales, but perhaps another reason retailers are doing so poorly is because their selections suck.

So I decided to browse, like the good targeted demographic male that I am, and picked up the headphones to play the new Leonard Cohen album. I waited...and waited...and waited.

Perhaps another reason retailers are doing so poorly is because they don't take care of their customers.

Although my experience at Borders was pretty bad, I was enthralled by a new addition. One section on the music store is now devoted to musical performance DVDs. In my book, this is going to be a big thing and it's good to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home