Sunday, November 14, 2004

Summer in November

I was listening to Lucinda Williams at 10 this morning on KOTO as the temperature outiside reached 75. The DJ came on a little while later and said it was 39 in town. There are a select few things that remind me why I stay in this endless city -- the mountains, the ocean, Hu's Schezuan Restaurant -- but as I watched Ben bounce to the music in the background and I sipped my double cap in my shorts, I came up with another.

If you think your job is easy, I got a better one for you. When I went to high school, there was a guy there named Anthony Williams. Real White. Well, he grew up, went to Weatherman School and transformed himself into TONY WILLIAMS and now runs on cruise control as he gives the same forecast every day of the week.

I'm all for snow and weather and the mood it brings, but when you have the kind of gorgeous days like we did today, it's hard not to dig living in So. Cal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home