Monday, November 01, 2004

The Real Election

I can't wait for tomorrow. Well, that's not exactly true...I can't wait for tomorrow night, when, hopefully, all of this election mess will be over. I'm quite sick of hearing from supporters of both candidates about why their man is better than the other. To me, they seem to be missing the real point of this election. Our nation is "polarized" as CNN likes to put it, but people gloss over this disturbing fact and treat the issues, and the men who raise them, like feuding neighbors on a reality TV show. It makes for flashy entertainment, but it's not a good way for US to run a country.

We better come up with a new way of doing things or I'm afraid the whole enchilada is going to slide downhill really fast. The one thing America has over most other countries in the world is choice, but, for whatever reason, we're becoming too enthralled with watching the show and not focused enough on what we're actually seeing.

But, come Tuesday night, whether Bush or Kerry, I'm sleeping well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home