Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Mixing Starchaphores

So I was making dinner the other night....

Nothing fancy, just some iron skillet Habanero and Green Chile Chicken sausage and lemon garlic braised brussels sprouts (yes, brussels actually DOES have an "s" on the end -- who knew!) and I thought that some hull-on, red rice that I picked up at the Thai market would go well with all this. And since this was supposed to be a simple meal, I thought I would forego the whole "What can I do with rice today" internal conflict/conversation that plagues my every brush with the rice cooker and, instead, opened the fridge, closed my eyes, and grabbed the first thing I laid hands on.

I picked well.

San Marzano Marinara sauce is the best jarred sauce I have tasted, and smothered on top of the rice and the sausage and sprouts on top just made this simple meal RFG.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home