Friday, January 19, 2007

The Wheels on the Bus

My kid goes to school just a couple of miles from our house and, periodically, I get a chance to drop him off in the morning and awash in the energetic atmosphere of West L.A. moms and gaggles of kids set loose in a Jackson Pollock meets Lilliputia room of chaos.

Usually we drive the car, snake down the parking structure and take the elevator up to the pre-school center, but today, for some God-unknown reason, I thought it would be fun to strap my son into the bikeseat and peddle my way along Sunset Blvd., through the village center and past the park entrance to his school.

My son had great fun, we got there faster than I thought, and I got to listen to some really good tunes on the way home.

With the progeny safely in the hands of more skilled Lilliputian negotiators, I felt free to plan out my day, which involves some driving to the San Fernando Valley. So imagine my surprise when I saw the map below. I am getting one step closer to retirement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home