Thursday, March 31, 2005

The World Bank

Today was a pretty eventful day. Terri finally died, ending a period of uncertainty and pain for our country. The Pope had heart failure, slipping him into a grave condition and hopefully ending his terrible pain.

And Paul Wolfowitz was named President of the World Bank, thus BEGINNING a period of suffering and pain for everyone. Now I have no problem with people from a certain industry taking on a mounumental responsibility -- that's how great things get done; but when you take an arrogant politician and put him in a totally unrelated industry, then I start to wonder a little. The person coming into that kind of position should not be saying, "I look forward now to deepening my understanding of the challenges facing the Bank." No, you deepen your understanding BEFORE you take the job, you idiot. You SOLVE the problem AFTER you take the job.

I don't need some war monger doing on-the-job training. I mean come on, political capital's cool, but isn't this a bit much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home