Sunday, February 06, 2005

To The Bone

I've been in Bermuda for 4 days now and have had about 3 hours to myself. My good friend Chinni has been providing me with a constant flow of coffee -- freeze dried though it may be -- to keep me going.



I almost didn't make it into the country. Immigration stopped me at the desk and said I didn't have the proper papers -- took me into a back room and questioned me -- told me I could stay for 1 day and try to get everything in order. Luckily, it all worked out and I've been going on all cylinders ever since. What started as a simple color calibration and printing job has turned into a full blown computer networking, advanced tech. trip.

Last night, we got some time off and drove into Hamilton to have dinner with Maggie and Richard. Maggie has a fascination with Mr. Winkle and Richard's a great Canadian ex-pat. After dinner, I walked back to my cottage in the dark, the sound of the tree frogs chirping all around me.

Been using Skype and iChat A/V for Internet calling and it's been absolutely fantastic. Free, unlimited calls everywhere in the world. Finally, the communication monopolies of the world will fall.

Can't wait to get home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lou said...

and Mr. Winkle cried and cried....

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home