Sunday, February 13, 2005

Stag Weekend Continued

The party continued for Ben and I this morning. After a fairly quite night (Ben was pretty wiped from his Thai market experience), he woke up with a serious milk hangover, but that didn't stop him from guzzling another 8 oz. of Organic Whole straight from the carton.

I, myself, was pretty destroyed from the night before. After Ben hit the hay, I decided to make good use of my new Thai ingredients and whipped up a skillet full of Turkey Kang Panang Curry. Now, apparently, my schooling in the metric system is long forgotten -- I had a bit of a problem figuring out measurements, and, as such, I made some of the most spicy Panang I have ever tasted. It made me dizzy and plugged my ears. Then again, it may not have been all my fault. Exhibit A, the instructions on the back of the bag:

"Squeeze ground coconut meat for thick milk yield; heat in a boiled pot until boiled showing oily refined topping; take a condensed part out to rest in a pan, white frying the ground spices in the heated coconut milk/oil until strong aromatic odour emanates; mix the meat in the oily melange until just done; mix the remaining part of the coconut milk into the pan; cover it, using still high heat; after boiling again, put fish sauce and sugas and taste it according to your taste, then put the cleaned vegetables on top; topped with some basil leaves...stirring once to ensure well mixing and the vegetable half done; and the soup is boiling again...."

(If anyone can tell me how to cook this stuff (Mae Anong Jittritham brand) I will be greatly appreciative).

Ben noticed that an "odour emanated" from me so he suggested some exercise to work it out. We drove to Westridge Road, half-way up the Santa Monica Mountain range, listening to some Janis Joplin. Ben sang along to "Me and Bobby McGee."

One thing I learned today. If you're a MALE with four limbs, not wearing a wedding ring because you had to take it off to clear the shower drain, and you're pushing a baby in a stroller, you're a very popular person. No wonder political candidates like to hold babies. Must remember this for single friends...baby rental service.

We strolled for 30 minutes or so and came across a great old tractor used to clear and grade the fire road after heavy rains. Ben said he needed to conquer it. More photos HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home